You may have seen the My Farm game on Facebook. Similar to Farmville and other popular Facebook games, My Farm allows you to have your own virtual farm (up to four, in fact!) and monitor everything that goes on with it.
My Farm Game on Facebook
If you're interested in playing My Farm, there are a couple of quick ways to get started:
- If you have an invite from a friend to join in on the fun, be sure to click on it and accept to play the game. Facebook will take you through a few prompts before actually letting you get to the main panel.
- If you don't have an invite, don't worry--you'll still be able to have your own farm in no time. Just head up to the search box in the upper middle section of the screen and enter 'My Farm' into the search field. Click on 'View App' and then on 'Add App.' Your farm will pop up in no time!
To get your actual farm started, you'll see that Facebook takes you to your farm's main panel. Unlike other games, the panel does not provide any form of tutorial to new users. As a result, you'll have to wing it yourself. Follow these steps to get started on the right foot:
- The three icons in the right bottom panel are your lifelines: plow, harvest and fertilize. You'll start with four plots. Be sure to harvest or plow these so you can get started. Once all four have been plowed, they are ready for seeding.
- You'll grab seeds from the store in the upper left hand corner. Click on Store and then on the Seeds tab to find what you'd like to plant. Be sure to observe the price carefully -- you only start out with a small amount of money and must make it last! When you've clicked on the seeds you want to buy, click on the plots that you just plowed. You'll now 'plant' your seeds!
- If you'd like, fertilize your plants using the fertilize button but remember that it will cost you. Otherwise, wait until your plants are ready to be harvested. In the meantime, try to invite friends on Facebook to be your neighbors in My Farm. You might discover that a lot of your friends are already playing the game and will be happy to be your neighbor! Having neighbors adds more dimension to the game, including the option to help out on someone else's farm for farm money.
- While you're still waiting on crops and your neighbor requests, click on gifts. See if there are any gifts from friends that you need to accept. If not, click to give a few gifts and people can return the favor later!
- When your crops are finally ready to be harvested, you can harvest them, receive the cash for your efforts and repeat! Be sure to plow more spots to grow seeds on as your money grows!
What Else Can I Do?
Other things that you can do in the My Farm game on Facebook include:
- Grow trees
- Decorate your farm
- Upgrade your property size (for more plots and space)
- Visit and help out on a neighbors farm
- Raise animals
- Create multiple farms to run simultaneously
A Final Thought
For those with the interest, My Farm on Facebook can be a fun and addictive game. Even if your crops spoil because you are unable to get to them in time, there's still a level of fun in worrying about them. If you have friends playing the game, it can be even more fun to try and compete for the best farm. Just don't let the competition get too feisty!