Many say that laughter is the best medicine for calming the tension and sadness in one's soul. That said, there's nothing quite like a creative, funny tweet to brighten not only your day, but the day of your many loyal Twitter followers. Some tweets may offer a simple chuckle, while others may inspire or even leave your buddies rolling over the floor, laughing out loud. However, not all of us possess the uncanny ability to meld together a laughter-inducing tweet, which is why it never hurts to keep your eyes peeled for the latest funny celebrity tweets. Mind you, it also doesn't hurt to be prepared to write your own!
Funny Celebrity Tweets
Celebrities love to lace the world with hilarious, face-shattering tweets. It can boost their egos, help them earn more fans and make people laugh. Funny creative tweets aren't just limited to comedians; you can find ones in the Twitter feeds of actors, pundits and even cartoonists.
- Seth MacFarlane: "I hear babies cry. I watch them grow. They'll learn much more than I'll ever know. And I think to myself: who brought babies to this bar?"
- Stephen Colbert: "Scientists say a 5,000-year-old ice mummy was lactose intolerant. Great--just more mastadon yogurt for me."
- Conan O'Brein: "The Civil War reenactments are a little different here in LA. Larry King is always on hand yelling, 'It wasn't like that.'"
- Olivia Munn: "Why are the Asians the only one who look like cyborgs w/crazy robot eyes? New profiling photo app?"
- Olivia Wilde: "Today's one of those days when I can't stop smiling at people in the street. I'm gonna get knifed. But nyc has never been so pretty!"
Finding Funny Tweets
The easiest way to stumble on creative funny tweets is by following funny people like comedians, satirists, talk show hosts and even shock jocks. They're in the business of making people laugh, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that their twitter feeds are usually brimming with funny tweets.
Another option is to just pull a quote and turn it into a tweet of your own. The following links are excellent resources and examples of short and funny quotes that you could use for your Twitter status updates.
- Short Funny Quotes - "A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory. - Unknown"
- Cool Funny Quotes - "Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils. - Louis Hector Berlioz"
- Amusing Quotes - "I only go to work on days that don't end in a 'y'. - Robert Paul"
- Mega Funny Quotes - "Middle age is when your age starts to show around your middle. - Bob Hope"
- Great-Quotes - "You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance. - Franklin P. Jones"
Writing Your Own Clever Tweets
So what happens if you discover none of your favorite celebrities has tweeted anything funny and creative today and you can't find a quote that properly expresses your mood? Well, then you'll need to come up with your own funny and creative tweet rather than borrowing one from someone else. Though it's a scary prospect, it's one that you can accomplish, given that you know how to follow some simple directions.
- Try adding the phrase "More like" with a question mark and a clever rhyme to a person, place or thing. For instance: "Nightly News? More like Nightly Snooze!"
- Make a witty observation about the news. For instance: "Mitt Romney fails to connect with voters, but makes a great connection with their cars."
- Keep a tab on Twitter trends. Many trends provide clever hashtags that make the creation of a funny tweet almost too easy: #ReplaceBandNameWithPancakes.
Making The Connection
The truth is that the whole notion of comedy and humor is very subjective. What you find funny may not be appealing to others. And there remains a chance you might offend somebody. The key is to relate to your audience, to the people who follow you. Think about their own tweets. What drives them to write something? What catches their attention? Put yourselves in their shoes and see through their eyes, because the best funny tweet is one to which your followers can relate.