If you are a blogger and want to know how to get inspiring blogging topics, there are several routes you can take.
Blogging is the art of writing dated journal entries online. They are written on a specific topic and listed in reverse chronological order. Blogs are usually commentaries or the opinions of the blogger and readers can leave feedback or comments about them, whether or not they agree with what is written. In the world of social networking, blogs allow individuals from all over the globe to connect and discuss views about particular topics.
But how easy is it to write a blog with a topic that is not only interesting to the reader, but will keep you motivated to write more? For blogs to remain active, they need to be updated at least two or three times a week. Unless you are inspired by your blog's niche, you may find yourself struggling to do updates.
Tips on How to Get Inspiring Blogging Topics
From reading others' weblogs to just using your own life's experiences, you can discover many ways to find inspiring blog topics. Here are a few tips to help you:
- Find your niche: Not everyone can write about parenting topics the same way not everyone can blog about technology. Before starting your blog, sit down and think about what you want to write about. Make sure you really know your topic, because it will be hard to keep readers coming back if your writing is not inspiring, knowledgeable or interesting.
- Research your ideas: It takes more than being knowledgeable about a topic to write about it. You must also be able to market it and improve your ranking in the various search engines. Consider purchasing some SEO blogging software to help with this task.
- Brush up on your grammar: Nothing turns a reader away more than improper grammar. Misspelled words and incorrect sentence structure can prevent your blog from getting the visitors you want. Take your time and if necessary, use spell and grammar check programs.
- Be consistent: If your blog is supposed to be about a specific topic, such as working from home, then be consistent keep writing about this. Don't decide half-way through that you want to write about something else. Your readers are coming back to your site to for certain reasons. If you want to write about something else, start up a new blog.
Some of the best-written blogs on the Internet have the most interesting topics, including:
- Cell phones
- Electronic gadgets
- Celebrity gossip
- Current events
- Social networking
- Television shows
Examples of Popular Blogs with Inspiring Topics
There are millions of blogs on the Internet, and not all of them are on different topics. Take parenting blogs, for example. A simple Google search will return more than a half-million blogs on this subject. But what makes the popular ones unique? It's because the bloggers write about interesting topics, which in turn brings in hundreds of thousands of readers. If you're wondering how to get inspiring blogging topics, check out other popular sites that address your niche. According to eBizMBA, "the eBusiness knowledgebase," some of the most popular blogs include:
- Gizmodo: Popular techie and gadgets blog whose sole purpose is to have updates as soon as possible. This site has more than 50 million page views a month, and readers are entertained with posts about cell phones, computers, video games and anything else electronic.
- TMZ: If you love celebrity gossip, this blog is for you. Updated several times a day, the "Thirty Mile Zone" has more than 3.8 million monthly visitors.
- Engadget: This blog is a multilingual technology weblog about consumer electronics. More than 800,000 readers view this blog every month.
Another popular weblog is the parenting blog, Because I Said So. This blog popular parenting blog went from five hits a day to tens of thousands all because the blogger sold some of her kids' Pokemon cards on e-Bay. Blogger Dawn Meehan chose to write about her six children and because she has a unique style of writing, her blog is a huge hit.
If you are passionate about a subject and know you can update on a regular basis, the by all means, start writing. Blogging is fun and a great way to meet new people.