Social networks for singles cater to people seeking romance. There are also numerous ways that men and women can use non-dating based social networks to meet that special someone.
Using Social Networks to Date
- Be sure to highlight in your profile that you are looking to date.
- Ask your friends on that network if they know of anyone they can set you up with. You might be surprised by the response!
- Be sure to contact users you might be interested in by letting them know that you're interested in dating but that you won't take it personally if that's not their interest.
- Don't be offended if someone you contact isn't interested in dating.
- Be sure to ask the right questions if you're interested in dating. SInce the site won't provide additional features for that purpose, you'll have to ask specific questions to get to know someone better.
- If you do end up finding love, don't let your profile become all about that relationship. Doing so is a great way to make your social network feel like you were only using them for personal gain.
A List of Social Networks for Singles
There are numerous social networks for singles that are great for meeting potential love interests. Some of these sites include:
- OK Cupid: This online dating site is great for singles looking to mingle as well as those who want to keep in touch with friends. Networking features include the ability to see who has viewed your profile, surveys that you can post to your profile, photos and questions. Dating features include the ability to answer questions to have the site find your perfect match, quick matching to other singles and the ability to wink at someone. The site is also open to those who have been in a relationship and just want to make friends.
- Passions Network: The Passions Network is a combination of over 145 other networks and sites that cater to singles with unique interests. You will never feel like there isn't someone out there like you when on this network. There are message boards and other similar features to help you get in touch with other singles. There are even instant match updates to keep you in touch with those that you might like.
- Single Fling: Single Fling is a bit more of a formal dating site than a networking site. However, the site is great at keeping you in contact with those you would like to get to know. The site also works to combine you with the users who are most similar to you so that you can get things started from a dating perspective.
- Friendsden: Across the web, Friendsden is a site known for those looking for a little bit more than just a friend. The site has numerous quiz features, in addition to the ability to message a friend and get involved in the conversation. There is even an instant messaging feature on the site and the ability to add any schools that you have gone to or been a part of.
- Divorced2Dating: For those looking for a slower experience, Divorced2Dating provides recently divorced singles an easier way find someone than jumping out there again.
A Final Thought
Finding potential dates takes time, whether you are networking in person or online. Finding social networking sites that attract a large pool of single users makes it that much easier to get out there and find someone. It also makes it easier for those who don't find a match to still have fun networking online.